Despite legal hurdles and proposed bills in Congress, the federal rule requiring most commercial trucks to use electronic logging devices will likely take effect on Dec. 18, 2017.
Not all trucking companies have to comply, but most carriers hauling interstate freight will need to start using ELDs before the year’s end.
If you are a contracted carrier with Ryan Transportation and are exploring the kinds of devices your trucks should use, we have a program with Transflo and Pilot Flying J that could save you hundreds of dollars on your ELD purchase.
Save $99 on Each ELD
Sign up for a two-year ELD contract that waives the equipment fees on Transflo ELDs—a savings of $99 for each device.
Your Choice of Two Transflo Products
Transflo offers competitive pricing on two leading ELD system. Both of these products sync up to track hours-of-service on the Transflo Mobile app, allowing your fleet to address compliance with the ELD mandate:
Transflo Standard ELD - $25 per month, per device
- Hours-of-service logging that addresses compliance with the ELD rule
- IFTA mileage collection and reporting information
- Map-based truck tracking using GPS locations
- Driver vehicle inspection reporting for law enforcement
Transflo Fleet Telematics - $35 per month, per device
Includes everything in the Transflo Standard ELD, plus the following features:
- Ultra-accurate vehicle diagnostics and data (miles-per-gallon, engine performance, service warnings, etc.)
- Map-based truck tracking using geofencing and GPS locations
- Accident detection and reconstruction capabilities
How to Get Started
- Click here for the Transflo application.
- After you submit the application, Transflo handles the contract and payments, and will send you a coupon code for each ELD device.
- Bring your coupon to any Pilot or Flying J to pick up your device.
- For installation help and customer support, contact Transflo at (813) 386-2378.
What is the ELD Mandate?
The Department of Transportation’s new rule governing ELDs applies to most, but not all, trucking companies. To learn more about what your company needs to do to prepare for the ELD mandate, visit FMCSA.dot.gov or read our free article, "How Will the ELD Mandate Affect Your Business?"