The Ryan Transportation Difference:
- Logistics team provides the best transportation mix for your shipments
- Network of contracted carriers has equipment for all your shipping needs, including drop trailers, refrigerated containers, hazardous materials and more
- Competitive pricing and cost savings through more efficient routing
- Proactive shipment tracking and 24/7 shipment management
- Dedicated account manager to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Full geographic coverage throughout North America
- Free bid and lane analysis to confirm how intermodal can improve your supply chain
Greater Efficiency Through Trucks and Rail
Intermodal, which combines truck and rail service, provides greater capacity to move your freight. It can also be more cost-effective and improve your supply chain’s efficiency. Depending on your origin and destination, intermodal can offer transit times that are similar to over-the-road trucking.
Ryan Transportation has helped shippers save thousands of dollars in overhead and fuel costs by transitioning their freight to intermodal. With a reach spanning the U.S., Canada and Mexico, our intermodal network provides door-to-door service at significantly reduced costs. Ryan Transportation works with all Class 1 railroads, ensuring that we find the right equipment and the best transportation lane for your shipment.
Why Use Intermodal?
- Increased Capacity: New regulations limiting the number of hours that truck drivers can be on the road has created trucking capacity issues for shippers. Intermodal’s use of railroads works around those capacity challenges.
- Less Expense: Intermodel helps reduce freight costs on transportation lanes.
- Efficiency: The combination of rail and trucking can be even more efficient for your supply chain than over-the-road trucking.
- Flexibility Intermodal shipments can range in length from 400 miles to coast-to-coast deliveries.
- Going Green: Intermodal transportation consumes less fuel and creates fewer emissions. Ryan Transportation is certified by SmartWay, a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency program aimed at improving fuel efficiency and reducing carbon emissions.